Sunday 8 February 2015

Project Pan… and so it begins!


I made precious few resolutions for 2015. One, though, was to get rid of some of the clutter in our house. We are incredibly fortunate to just have way, way too much stuff. In order to hold myself accountable to this resolution, I’ve decided to start my own Project Pan.

The goal: By the end of 2015, I would like to cut my stash of makeup/bath and body/hair products down to a more manageable size. I’m not sure yet what that will entail, as I’m unsure of my ability to actually use things up in a reasonable amount of time! However, I would ultimately like to hit pan (and/or completely use up) between 30 – 50 products over the next 11 months. Maybe this is too lofty a goal, but it’s a start!

My hope is that by “shopping my stash” each month, I can rediscover old favourites, finally throw away products I’ll never use, and curb the impulse to buy even more. Along the way, I also hope to include other success stories such as giving away old clothes (something I mean to do every weekend and never seem to find time for) and sorting through books.

January: As I was only just beginning, I only managed to use up two products:

1. Garnier PureControl Acne Gel Scrub with absorbing charcoal (150 ml). Bought this to try it, but it didn’t wow me. Won’t repurchase.
2. Fekkai Full Blown Volume shampoo with citrus extract & ginseng. This was a fine shampoo. My husband loved the scent, so I may repurchase for him. I didn’t feel like it made a huge difference to my hair one way or another.

February goals:

1. Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream (50 g)
2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (198 ml)
3. John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Shampoo (250 ml)
4. L’Oreal Volume Collagen Shampoo (385 ml)
5. Garnier Clean+ Anti-Shine Cleansing Gel (150 ml)
6. Batiste Dry Shampoo original scent (30 g)
7. Gosh BB Cream in Sand (30 ml)
8. Maybelline The Rocket Volum’ Express mascara
9. The Body Shop Hemp Lip Conditioner (4.2 g)
10. The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover (60 ml)
11. Bonne Bell Eye Pencil in Blazer Blue
12. Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner in Fiesta



I know most of these won’t end up finished, but hey… a girl can dream! (And yes, I did cheat a tiny bit – the Neutrogena scrub was finished between the beginning of the month and actually posting the list. However, since it’s my daily cleanser, I already have another bottle on the go.)

So that’s that! Let’s do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment